Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Damn baseball

Wow. So the Tigers magically pulled a deal out of their ass that landed them Miguel cabrera and Dontrelle Willis. I would bitch and moan about it but I'm impressed that the Marlins are stupid enough to trade away their two biggest draws, all the while bitching about how they can't get any fans. What's next? They trade Hanley Ramirez to the Angels for Reggie Willits and Jeff Mathis. As an Angels fan i'd be like, hell yeah, but as a baseball fan that would kind of suck. MLB should just hold an expansion draft with all of the Marlins players and send that team to wherever the Seattle Pilots and Washington Senators team logos are resting at this hour.

In other more, entertaining news, the Royals appeared to have signed Jose Guillen. They overpaid, of course, (I mean, are they going to go sign Reggie Sanders for 12 million dollars a year again too) but at least their acquisition brings me renewed hope that someday we will see Jose Guillen and Milton Bradley patrolling some outfield somewhere because, as we all know, the Royals are idiots and if they're willing to sign Jose Guillen perhaps they're willing to acquire Milton Bradley, perhaps for Mark Teahan and whatever other super-prospect they have going on over there.

I can picture it now - Bengie Molina hits a fly ball to center field

MILTON: I got it.
JOSE: No you don't you son of a bitch I got it.
MILTON: What's that mother fucker? You want to start some shit?
JOSE: Pendejo, let's go.
MILTON: Somebody toss me a water bottle so I can impale this mother fucker!

Mark Teahan runs over to corral the ball that has rolled to the center field wall

MILTON: What you doing white boy? You going to take my ball? You in with Jeff Kent, grand wizard or some shit?
JOSE: Wait a second, what's that SOB's name? Mike? Kick me off your team will you?

They both tackle Teahan and Bengie Molina gets the first extra base hit of his career.

Please baseball, gods, if you are willing to allow Johan Santana and Miguel Cabrera be traded for shitty prospects at least toss the rest of us non middle to east American baseball fans some kind of angry, easily aggravated bone. And toss Frank Francisco in that bullpen while you're at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.