Friday, March 23, 2007

Song of the week...yet again

This week I'm going to feature a song from the pop/countryish band with the long cumbersome name. That band, of course, is The Snake, The Cross, The Crown. My knowledge of TSTCTC dates back several years when I randomly purchased their first EP. I liked it, and when their last full length Mander Sails was released in 2004 I eagerly purchased it on release day. Now, while Mander Sails was pretty good I couldn't help but shake the feeling that the band was more talented then their recording shows.

Now, just last week, TSTCTC has released its third album, and i can honestly say that any talent that seemed buried on Mander Sails shines through brightly on this new release, Cotton Teeth. The album is catchy twangy and just an overall good time

This particular song is from Cotton Teeth. It is named Behold The River and is one of my, personal, favorite tracks from the album.

You can buy The Snake, The Cross, The Crown's uniformly excellent Cotton Teeth
here
.